Thursday, November 16, 2006

Best Vids I've Seen So Far- 2006 Edition



It's that time of year once again where we look back at the past year with the list of the best.
And just like last year, I kicked off the series of lists with the Best Vids I've seen so far.
The list consists of vids envisioned by some of the most creative folks whether they be video music directors or not. The key words here are, I've seen so far, since there are so many vids I'm sure I've neglected. The past year, we've seen how YouTube became a viral component in making videos accessible. It also allowed even amateurs to make their own or record live music, etc as well.
I wish I had time to explain why I picked each vid, but I thought the vids can speak for themselves.


1. The Knife "Like A Pen" (QT)
Directed by Andrea Nilsson


2. Hot Chip “Boy From School” (WinMed)
Directed by Garth Jennings


3. The Knife "Marble House" (WinMed)
Directed by Bjorn Renner


4. Beck "Cellphone's Dead"
Directed by Michel Gondry



5. Emily Haines "Doctor Blind" (QT)
Directed by Jaron Albertin


6. Death Cab for Cutie- "Your Heart is an Empty Room"
Directed by Jeffrey Brown



7.The Knife-"We Share Our Mother's Health" (WinMed)
Directed by Motomichi Nakumara


8. Zero 7 “Futures” (QT)
Directed by Robert Seidel


9. The Concretes- "On the Radio” (WinMed)
Directed by Daniel Levi



10. Jamie Lidell "New Me"
Directed by Aleksandra Domanovic


Some Honorable Mentions:

Badly Drawn Boy- “Nothing’s Gonna Change Your Mind”
Directed by Dougal Wilson


Xiu Xiu "Boy Soprano
Directed by Jose Perez III


The Fever "City of Sleep"
Directed by Geremy Jasper and Johanna Witherby


Peter Bjorn & John- "Young Folks"
Directed by (does anyone know?)


Spinto Band- "Oh Mandy"
Directed by La Blogoteque

Okay, and also...
OK GO "Here it goes again"

Best Vids I've Seen So far- 2005 Edition

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home