Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Today's Brew | Best of Late '06: Films

We interrupt our regularly scheduled program for a non-music entry for today.
One of the things I did over this holiday break was one of my favorite past times, which i always never really have time to do earlier in the year.
I went to the movies.
I crammed in a bunch of films.

I highly recommend (couple of my definite faves of 2006):

babel | directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu



watch the trailer here.

pan's labrynth (el laberinto del fauno) | directed by Guillermo del Toro



gotta thank my roomie J for this recommendation, but if you don't mind the subtitles--wow, great story and beautifully shot.
watch the trailer here.

I also caught this movie that is if you can handle the bizarreness:

david lynch's inland empire

i'm still taking in the whole film, still trying to figure out, what the hell i watched...
might have to see it again, just to figure out all the subtle things i missed


Now back to our regularly scheduled program. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home