Monday, April 24, 2006

Favorite songs so far.

aka 1/3 of the year- Favorite Songs of 2006.

Some music in heavy rotation as living in the commuter city of L.A. has been quite miserable with the gas prices steadily going up.

1. I Was a Lover- TV On The Radio
2. Portishead- Requiem for Anna
3. The Knife- Silent Shout
4. Gnarls Barkley- Crazy
5. The Fiery Furnaces- Teach Me Sweetheart
6. Guillemots- Who Left the Lights Off, Baby?
7. Bishop Allen- Queen of the Rummage Sale
8. Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan- Black Mountain
9. Liars- It Fit When I Was a Kid
10. Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Phenomena

Honorable Mentions:
Radio Dept.- The Worst Taste in Music
Sufjan Stevens- Adlai Stevenson
Cat Power- Love & Communication

To hear some of the music from above, I've jumped on the bandwagon
and gone to My Space.
Check it out ovah here.

Speaking of My Space,in Corpus Christi, TX, a local college there has banned My Space to free up bandwidth.

Forty percent of daily Internet traffic at the college involved MySpace.com, he said. In one 24-hour period in April, Del Mar computers spent a collective total of 229 hours of Internet browsing at the site. The community college registers more than 11,000 students each semester. (courtesy of AP)

I suppose Rupert Murdoch is one happy camper for buying MySpace for $649 mil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home