Friday, September 29, 2006

Today's Brew | Grizzly Bear

Yes, I ended up catching the Grizzly Bear show, instead of the Sonic Youth show. Economics and location were a factor, and also had to wake up early the next morning for work.
A little factoid: Three of the four members of Grizzly Bear were classically trained jazz musicians.



From their album "Yellow House":
mp3 download: Grizzly Bear- "Knife" (courtesy of insound)

From their album "Horn of Plenty":
mp3 download: Grizzly Bear- "Deep Sea Diver" (courtesy of insound)


Grizzly Bear @ Spaceland (CA):


Quite an amazing performance, that's all I can say. If you haven't caught them live, its a band you won't wanna miss live.




They finish up their US tour with a bunch of shows with fellow Brooklyn mates, TV on the Radio. Now that's a bill to definitely catch, and be sure to visit their My Space for the dates.

Buy the album "Yellow House" ovah here.
Buy the album "Horn of Plenty (with Bonus Remixes)" ovah here.

official site: Grizzly Bear
My Space: Grizzly Bear

1 Comments:

Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

it really was an amazing show...they completely blew me away last night...I'd never seen them before. I liked the album and all but had no idea that they were that proficient live with harmony and rhythm. I thought it was one of the best shows of the year.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home