Friday, June 16, 2006

Extra Weekend Brew

It's a rarity for me to ever post an entry on the weekends, especially a weekend night.
Damn, what's wrong with me...haha.
But I thought I do it since, I got home at a reasonable hour, and discovered some interesting read after randomly browsing through the bookstore. One interesting find was the current issue of Paste Magazine.



Paste Magazine has compiled a list of the Best Songwriters, based on a readers' poll. The survey was based on 18,000 readers...wow.

I thought I hightlight the Top 10, and maybe some honorable mentions, since we all love lists. I sure do. And good songwriting isn't bad either.

And here's the Top 10 Songwriters according to Paste Magazine readers:
1. Bob Dylan
2. Neil Young (be sure to check out his current album: Living With War)
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. Tom Wait
5. Paul McCartney
6. Leonard Cohen
7. Brian Wilson
8. Elvis Costello
9. Joni Mitchell
10. Prince

----some highlighted mentions-----
16. David Bowie
20. Van Morrison
24. Jeff Tweedy
27. Radiohead
46. Sufjan Stevens
66. Rufus Wainwright

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home