Thursday, March 23, 2006

Today's Blend | Tapes 'N Tapes



"We're a band from Minneapolis.."

After the much talked about hype of this band and hearing their music (which I've been diggin'), I finally caught them live at Spaceland. The band offered some comic relief as the drummer had completely destroyed the "plastic part" of the snare, and needed to borrow the snare from the Cold War Kids. Tapes 'N Tapes delivered...cowbells and all, and even their abrupt menacing contorted dance movements seemed to flow well with the music. If that even makes sense...haha. I'm still trying to wake up here...so if I don't make sense, slap me. haha...
Cold War Kids were actually quite good...lots of energy and a dynamic stage presence. (Unfortunately I only caught the tail end of their set). I couldn't say much about the band that followed, Blackbuds, seemed really mediocre and lots of whining and wailing...

official site: Cold War Kids
mp3: Cold War Kids- "Hospital Beds"
mp3: Cold War Kids- "Tell Me In The Morning "

Take control of the Tapes N Tapes Mixer- "Jennie"

-----------

Tonight:
Arab Strap, His Name Is Alive @ the Knitting Factory, Hollywood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home