Wednesday, January 25, 2006

bleep bleep bleep....

okay my attempt to make the sound of a radar...
Image hosting by Photobucket
Unfortunately, these guys put out their magazine on a quarterly basis, but then again, its one of the few better music magazines out there. Since I've listed the 'best of 2005' from other music magazines, etc....I figure I do the same here too.

Current Issue includes: Their list of the best of 2005 and the most anticipated albums to come out in 2006

Best of 2005: Under The Radar Magazine
1. Broken Social Scene -s/t
2. Doves- Some Cities
3. Super Furry Animals- Love Kraft
4. Sufjan Stevens- Illinois
5. Rogue Waves- Descended Like Vultures
6. Gorillaz- Demon Days
7. Richard Hawley- Coles Corner
8. Metric- Live It Out
9. M.I.A.- Arular
10. Death Cab For Cutie- Plans

Top Debut Album- 2005
Editors- Backroom

Top Overrated Album- 2005
Coldplay- X & Y

Top Song of 2005-
Gorillaz- Feel Good, Inc

The Most Anticipated Albums of 2006: (some selectively picked by yours truly)
The Concretes- "In Colour" (March)
The Fiery Furnaces- "Bitter Tea" (Date TBA)
The Flaming Lips- "At War With The Mystics" (April)


Here's my pick The Top 20 Albums of 2005
Here's my pick The Incomplete List of the Most Anticipated Albums This Year- 2006 Edition
Here's More Lists of 2005
Here's Pitchfork's Top 10 Albums of 2005

Also today:
Broadcast on KCRW's MBE
Image hosting by Photobucket
click here to watch the video.
I believe its a pre-recorded segment, but still a definite treat if you haven't caught them live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home