Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Today's Brew | Todd Haynes

I have yet to check out the movie, but I hope to catch it sometime this weekend.



LA WEEKLY asks Todd Haynes (director of I Am Not Here):
"In watching the movie, there’s a kind of generalized logic to why we’re moving from one story to another and one style to another. But there are many people who will have never seen anything like this before. I think there are going to be a lot of people very angry with you over this for reasons that they can’t quite explain. There’s a kind of sneaky audacity to doing a movie like this — an “art movie” for a general public. You’re prepared for a backlash, I trust?"

Todd Haynes responds,
"I am, but I was prepared for a lot more of it than I’ve been receiving. You may have encountered resistance in conversations with some people you know, but the general reaction to the film has been good. I’ve been stunned at how positive people have been and that they’ve just let it all flow. But believe me, I was prepared for the contrary in today’s market. I was resolved to not care, to just let it be in the world and take the time it takes to be appreciated..."

For the full interview and the article by David Ehrenstein, check it out ovah here.

And stream some tracks off the soundtrack ovah here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home