Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Today's Brew | Prinzhorn Dance School


From last night: one of the best games this year (at least in my book) between the Rockies and Padres...after 13 innings. 9-8. What an insane game that was?



They may have drawn their inspiration from Hans Prinzhorn who had compiled together an extensive collection of art by the mentally ill back in the early 20th century. I recall reading about the Prinzhorn Collection back in my art school days, quite a fascinating study.
Quite an enigmatic name for a band as its hard to even imagine the coincidence if it is, as their names are: Tobin Prinz and Suzi Horn...go figure.
Under the DFA record label- and I'm sure James Murphy had a hand in the production...I maybe late on this, but this is one funky ass band.

mp3: Prinzhorn Dance School- "Space Invaders"

official site: Prinzhorn Dance School

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home