Friday, March 10, 2006

2006 SXSW begins

Imagine hearing the music theme for the Olympics as the backdrop as you read this entry...

A couple of reasons why I won't be at SXSW this year:

a.) I don't live in Texas. I'm sure alot of people don't who are attending, but there's the convenience factor right?
b.) I don't have $575 and that's just to cover for the music part of the conference, not to mention the airfare, a place to stay, food and of course coffee. Until I land a job with a "disposable income" or get some peeps to "sponsor" me, I'll probably be out of the loop this year. There's always next year right? Perhaps I should start a fund for the "A.D.D. to SXSW 2007 Foundation". hah...

But if you do go, be sure to check out these following shows
by these fellow music bloggers:
(click to get the poster art for each)

Gorilla vs Bear Net Showcase
-featuring a couple of online buzz bands-Tapes N Tapes and Birdmonster.

Rock Insider with Hell Ya! Show
-featuring Birdmonster.

Stereogum's Showcase
-featuring Ted Leo & The Pharmacists and Rogue Wave.

official site: SXSW 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home