Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Today's Brew | Marissa Nadler


I really liked the album Pablo Honey, but truly thought OK Computer was a masterpiece of its genre. "No Suprises" is one of my favorite songs of the record, and seemed to suite my vocal style well. To be honest, each and every song is worthy of covering, but this was the one that occurred to me first. It's melancholic and down tempo, which are qualities that sometimes appeal to me, qualities that I gravitate towards in my music. -Marissa Nadler
(Above excerpt taken from Stereogum's OKX: A Tribute to OK Computer)



Cover songs are tricky...but some do have their own unique charm.

mp3: Marissa Nadler- "No Surprises"
(YouSend: for a limited time only and also available for download on her My Space)

She'll be in LA on August 23rd to do a show at Spaceland.

officia site: Marissa Nadler
My Space: Marissa Nadler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home